Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bananas! Something other than banana bread, please.

A gal gets to a point where she just needs to have more options for those ripe bananas calling from the fruit bowl, don't you think?  Here's a couple of great recipe links for you to enjoy.  Double Chocolate Banana Muffins (from my good friend, Patricia) and Banana Pecan Biscotti.  Patricia suggested springling the muffin tops with an equal mix of brown sugar and cocoa powder before baking.  I think throwing a little cinnamon in with it is also good.  When eaten warm they remind me of a mini molten chocolate cake.  Walnuts taste just as great as pecans in the biscotti, maybe even better.  I was never a fan of biscotti, but banana seems to be a great, powerful flavor to make them with. And I think a little chocolate zig zagged over the top gives it an extra special touch.  I don't think I've made banana bread in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment